Israeli security forces on Sunday arrested 10 Palestinians and wounded others on the second night of a crackdown on crowds gathering at Damascus Gate in occupied East Jerusalem. At least 19 people were injured as police used rubber-coated steel bullets, stun grenades, batons, and mounted forces to disperse crowds. Footage shared online showed Israeli forces, including undercover officers, beating and wounding Palestinians as they arrested them. On Saturday, four Palestinians were detained in the area as Israeli forces carried out a similar crackdown. Israeli police said they arrested people for “rioting and attacking officers”. One officer was injured by a bottle thrown in his face, police said in a statement. On Monday morning, Israeli authorities detained and interrogated people visiting those injured in the crackdown at al-Makassed Hospital, according to the news website Arab48. The attacks at Damascus Gate come amid heightened tensions and warnings of plans by Israeli settlers to storm al-Aqsa Mosque during the holy month of Ramadan, part of which will coincide with Jewish holidays. On Sunday, Israeli prime minister Naftali Bennett spoke over the phone with Jordanian King Abdullah who emphasised the need to “avoid any escalation”. The king called for “removing all obstacles to Muslim prayers at the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound, particularly with the start of the holy month of Ramadan, and to prevent provocations that could lead to an escalation,” a statement from the Jordanian royal court read.
معذرت،هیچ نظر کارشناسی وجود ندارد
deep web drug url darknet drugs
dark web access deep web markets
– Thousands of people took to the streets in Yemen’s Northwestern city of Sa’ada and elsewhere on Friday to condemn the Saudi-led coalition’s military aggression and brutal siege on the Arab country.
Marking the ‘National Day of Cry in the Face of Aggressors’, demonstrators took part in a massive rally in Sa’ada to reaffirm their resolve to continue their spirited resistance until the logical end, presstv reported.
The participants waved Yemen’s national flag and chanted vociferous slogans such as “Death to America”, “Death to House of Saud”, and “Death to Israel” while expressing rage and indignation over the Saudi-led coalition’s continued atrocities and crimes in Yemen.
“The slogan ‘Cry in the Face of Aggressors’ shattered the lengthy silence on domestic issues and exposed the conspiracies of enemies. It had an instrumental role in preserving the religious identity of Yemen,” the protesters said in a joint communiqué.
“The Yemeni nation must carry out its duties and mobilize forces en masse against enemies. We urge freedom-loving people in the Saudi-occupied Yemeni territories to stand up against coalition forces and their mercenaries, and expel them from their local communities,” they added.
The statement warned the foreign military coalition against persisting with its aggression, and emphasized that Yemen will “remain a free and independent country”.
“We warn of the danger of normalization with the Zionist enemy, and reiterate our full preparedness to side with the axis of resistance in the fight against the oppression of the Palestinian nation,” it further noted.
Elsewhere in the capital city of Sana’a, people carried Yemeni flags as well as pictures of former and current Ansarullah leaders, Hussein Badreddin Al-Houthi and Abdul-Malik Al-Houthi.
They chanted slogans against Saudi crimes in the country, and reaffirmed resolve to continue their determined resistance.
The development came as the United Nations announced that the truce between the warring Yemeni sides had been extended for two more months.
The initial two-month truce started at the beginning of the holy fasting month of Ramadan on April 2 and was set to expire on Thursday.
“I would like to announce that the parties to the conflict have agreed to the United Nations’ proposal to renew the current truce in Yemen for two additional months,” UN Special Envoy for Yemen Hans Grundberg said.
Grundberg added that the truce extension would come into effect “when the current truce period expires, today June 2, 2022, at 19:00 Yemen time (1600 GMT)”.
“The announcement of the truce extension today shows a serious commitment from all parties to end the senseless suffering of millions of Yemenis,” the Norwegian Refugee Council’s (NRC) Yemen Country Director, Erin Hutchinson, said in a statement after the announcement.
“The last two months have shown that peaceful solutions to the conflict are a real option,” he added.
Saudi Arabia launched the devastating war on Yemen in March 2015 in collaboration with its Arab allies and with arms and logistics support from the US and other Western states.
The objective was to reinstall the Riyadh-friendly regime of Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi and crush the Ansarullah resistance movement, which has been running state affairs in the absence of a functional government in Yemen.
While the Saudi-led coalition has failed to meet any of its objectives, the war has killed hundreds of thousands of Yemenis and spawned the world’s worst humanitarian crisis.
Leave a Reply